Thursday 3 July 2008

Thornbridge Brewery

I am sure I don't have to tell you, Dear Reader, about the delights of the award winning Derbyshire based Thornbridge Brewery, brewers of Jaipur IPA among others. Our CAMRA branch is visiting the brewery and the Thornbridge Hall Annual Garden Party on Sunday. I'm looking forward to it. I had a look at the brewery web site earlier, to see what's what and noticed this:

"Double Delight for Thornbridge Brewery The brewery team at Thornbridge are celebrating a double award this week when they heard that their Jaipur IPA had won the Oldham Beer Festival for the second year running. The festival, which attracted a record attendance, offered 81 speciality beers and sold out completely with over 5500 pints sold. “To be chosen the winning beer at a festival with such a range of quality beers on sale is a great feeling, but to do this two years running is a real wow”

Of course, since Oldham is one of my CAMRA Branch's two festivals a year, I am delighted to read this, particularly as we will be presenting both certificates to the brewery on Sunday.

There is a beer tent (they might even have Moravka Lager to try) so it'll be a good day out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The two ales of theirs that I tried recently I thought were excellent!

Ale Louse said...

The whole range seems to be travelling through the Grove's cellar in Huddersfield at the moment and have been mightily impressed with all I've tried, including a remarkable 2.7% (I think) whose name escapes me. Jaipur is permanent there - and so would I be if the buggers didn't keep throwing me out!